Sunday, November 23, 2008

I HATE YOGA!

That's it folks. The National Fatwa Council has declared that yoga is "haram" or banned due to it's Hindu elements. They fear that yoga could erode the faith of Muslims.

All this fuss about yoga *hrmphh* Tell you the truth. I don't really like yoga. I once accidentally farted midair into a middle aged man behind me while I struggled to do a butt-in-the-air Downward Facing Dog pose. I did try a few more times after that, but again, they all ended up in a disaster. I learnt, basically, there's no quiet method to fart while doing yoga, and with that pose, there's no way I can avoid the "gas". With that, I decided to retire gracefully.



Baby doing a similar yoga pose that made me stop doing yoga. Yes, his butt IS in midair. No lie!


Besides, yoga is too hard *whine* *whine* I have to take time off from my beauty sleep to contort my body into various poses only my husband can enjoy looking.

Having said that, I can see that yoga has helped a few of my friends tremendously. My friend Airene has been going to an exclusive swanky yoga center somewhere off Jalan Ampang, in a beautiful restored colonial house, for a few years now. She can do an impressive headstand. And she has a really healthy, beautiful, strong looking body. Her teacher has a very good breathing technique for those who breathe through the mouth rather than the nose (for people like me) due to sinus problems.


That was probably how my butt had looked like when I did the darn pose!

Isn't it amazing how small children sleep. My first born loved to sleep in this position as well. So organic, so natural, it must give them a feeling that they are still in the womb.

Little children have really amazing limbs. Yoga would probably be easy for them. However, I have come to accept that yoga is not for everyone, especially for me. Oh well. I'm going to drown my sorrows in a glass of shaken not stirred fresh, raw organic grape juice.

Jasmin
"Eat Raw Food Today" facebook group
http://eatrawfoodtoday.blogspot.com/

ps I got this video from youtube if anyone is curious to know what the Downward Facing Dog pose is all about.


pps I'm so sorry, but my center alignment is not working again.

2 comments:

Dentan said...

I laughed out loud when I read this news about the banning of Yoga because of religious concerns. I have been doing it for a few years and religion is the last thing on my mind when I practice it. How ridiculous can they get! Just some people with nothing better to do with their time.

RawFoodie said...

The next problem is, it will make some people go "underground", meaning they may just learn at home, away from prying eyes, learning from the internet or from DVDs. The problem with this is that they may end up doing the Yoga poses incorrectly!