Saturday, February 14, 2009

IS YOUR ENVIRONMENT TOO CLEAN FOR YOUR OWN GOOD?

Thank you for all the emails and messages I received about the Rotavirus. As of today, my sister-in-law is not feeling well. My mum and husband are recovering while everyone else has recovered. Mum was surprised to find out that her Chi Kung exercise helped her. You see, she kept having cold sweat, and she found out to her delight that certain Chi Kung movements helped "warm" the body and banish the cold sweat.

You know, I had a lot to think about when I was purging. I mean, what else could I do? I could not read in the bathroom cause the pain was so severe, words from whatever books just seem to swim in my very eyes. And I had spend a lot of time on them toilet seats.

Well, one of the things I wondered was how easily the entire bunch of us got sick and so rapidly as well. Apparently, Rotavirus is a common childhood menace. If it was so common, how come we (my family) didn't have immunity against this virus? Is our environment too "clean" for our own good? Once we are expose to a virus, over the years, should we make a conscious effort to reintroduce our bodies with the virus to make sure we always have antibodies against a certain disease? Why? What? How?

And you know what's the worse thing? When everyone is sick, there's no one to take care of the sick. I mean that, literally. Not. One. Person. What would happen to a whole community if something like the Bubonic Plague were to attack us?

I wish someone will give me a good answer to this, because being sick is no walk in the park, and certainly not fun at all. I just want to avoid all this problems. All I know is, if we were healthy as a horse from the very start, we tend to recover faster. But still, it seems we can't avoid disease now, can't we?

Jasmin
Come join my "Eat Raw Food Today" facebook group

ps here are a bunch of photos of my parent's Chi Kung exercise group. The Chi Kung master has been volunteering his time and knowledge for free.
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2004674&id=1175245245&ref=mf

No comments: