Thursday, October 2, 2008

AS A CHILD, DID YOU HAVE RAW FRUITS FOR DESSERT?

I lived with my paternal grandparents for a few years when I was a young kid, and at that time, I always remembered having a piece of fruit after a meal. It could have been a sour orange dipped in a bit of salt to cut the sour taste, or a crunchy red apple, or a succulent juicy mango. Later, we moved to another city, and we no longer had any fresh raw fruits for dessert. Coincidentally, or not, that was the start of my health problems. Overweight, lots of pimples, extreme fatigue, extreme hunger even though I had a very large meal, excruciating gastric problems, inconsistent menstrual cycles and so on. My diet was awful. I didn't eat much of what my mum cooked for breakfast or lunch, and instead I would spend my pocket money on fast food and hawker food .... hardly any fresh, raw food whatsoever. I now know my diet was the cause of my problems as a teen and as a young adult.

Jasmin
"Eat Raw Food Today" facebook group

No comments: