Friday, October 31, 2008

NICOLE RITCHIE AND HER PUMPKIN! (Happy Halloween everyone)



I came across a picture of Nicole Ritchie and her baby little Harlow Winter Kate Madden at a pumpkin patch, which I thought I'd share with you guys. Don't you think they both look so cute?


danasdirt.com

I don't celebrate Halloween anymore. I used to when I was studying in Kansas. I tried to when I came back home to Malaysia. I made a great looking skull and skeleton combo thing and hung it outside my apartment door. The problem was, when I came back, the thing disappeared. I made another one, and that too was gone by the time I came back from work. I thought it was some pesky kids, until I realised the old Chinese lady next door was freaked out by the skeleton. She not only removed it, she put joss sticks outside her door probably to ward off bad luck. She probably thought I was some black magic devotee or something. Ah well. I figured she won't understand, and so I didn't bother to explain, and just didn't do anything thereafter. It would have been a waste of my efforts.

Speaking of pumpkins, did you know you can eat them raw?

Yup! They don't taste so hot eaten raw right off the fruit, but in a great recipe, it's yummy.

Here's an exciting easy raw pumpkin soup recipe you might want to try.

Healthy, fast, delicious, yummo! And best of all, easy to clean up, because there's barely any dishes to clean up.

Chantel's Pumpkin Soup:

2 cups of raw, chopped pumpkin flesh
½ cup of bell pepper
2 small red onions
1 ½ cup of peanuts
1 ½ teaspoon of Chinese 5 spice
½ teaspoon of sea salt
1 tbsp. of coconut oil (olive oil works as well)
4 cups of warm water (but not boiling, as you don't want to kill the enzymes in the raw food.)

Put all of this into a food processor, blend until smooth. Garnish with pumpkin seeds.

http://www.citydirt.net/city_dirt/pumpkin_recipes_a_la_barbados.html

Enjoy.

Jasmin
"Eat Raw Food Today" facebook group

No comments: